More About The Ride
Lorie’s Ride is dedicated to the loving memory of Lorie Kirkley who lost her life to a violent crime in 1999. Lorie was an avid cyclist and participated in this event many times. She was also a cardiac rehab nurse who loved and appreciated fitness and exercise. We hope you have a safe and enjoyable tour and know that Lorie also experienced the beautiful scenery that you are about to take in.
Our ride is a community effort, staffed by more than 90 volunteers at the ride headquarters at Liberty Bible Church in Chesterton, along the route and at SAG stops at the Lakeview Overlook, Jackson Elementary, Firefly Farm and the Lions Pavilion in New Buffalo.
You Can Count On
- Marked roads, maps and cue sheets with turn-by-turn directions.
- Bike mechanics at ride headquarters for assistance with minor repairs, and support vehicles along the routes.
- Great sag stops with snacks, water, and Gatorade approximately every 12 – 18 miles.
- Lunch after you’re done. Farm-to-table fare with a vegetarian option – included in the price of your registration!
- An all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for $6.
- Entertainment at Jackson Elementary.
- A massage? A shower? (Bring a towel and toiletries.) Decisions, decisions.