2014 Lorie's Lakeside Century
Saturday, September 13
Lorie’s Lakeside Century is for experienced riders, novices, individuals and groups – with routes of 28, 38, 63, 80 and 100 miles. It’s a tour, not a race, so you can ride at any pace you choose. The terrain is flat to gently rolling, hilly but no “killers.” All routes travel to Lake Michigan and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
Ride through Victorian-era towns and farmland on scenic back roads and enjoy incredible views along Lake Michigan. Rest and re-group at sag stops that highlight some of the spots we treasure. And experience Hoosier Hospitality at its finest!
In memory of Lorie Kirkley, the ride benefits the Visiting Nurse Association of Porter County, a nonprofit organization providing compassionate home health and hospice care to those in need in the community.
You Can Count On
- Marked roads, maps and cue sheets with turn-by-turn directions.
- Bike mechanics at ride headquarters for assistance with minor repairs, and support vehicles along the routes.
- Great sag stops with snacks, water, and Gatorade approximately every 12 – 18 miles.
- Lunch after you’re done. Farm-to-table fare with a vegetarian option – included in the price of your registration!
- An all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast for $6.
- Entertainment at the Art Barn.
- A massage? A shower? (Bring a towel and toiletries.) Decisions, decisions.
A big thank you to all who participated, donated, and volunteered.
And put your hands together to applaud our 2013 Major Sponsors: Porter Health System and Urschel Laboratories, in addition to sponsors Barile Ford, Martin Binder Jeweler, Buck’s Bicycle Shop, Coastal Valley Water Company, Emerson Industrial Automation, Family Express, William Fisher Sr., Golden Tech, Jones & Kirkley Families, Orthodontics by Dr. Hyde, Philips Ace Hardware, Porter County Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Prudential Executive Group, Cindy Sausman, Schoolhouse Shop, Silver Beach Pizza, Smiles by Arnold, Smith Family, Task Force Tips Inc., Valparaiso Family Dentistry, and Valpo Velvet.
Questions about this event?
Contact us at 219-531-8049, firstname.lastname@example.org or use our Contact Us tab at the bottom of this page. If you are interested in serving on a committee for Lorie’s Lakeside Century 2014, please contact us at 219-462-5195. We’d love to have you!
You might want to bookmark this website! Lots of information about great rides...